The Village Centre, Rouses Lane, Filkins was built by Sir Stafford Cripps and The Village Centre Trust was established in 1935.
The Centre comprises the allotments, swimming pool, Bowls club, Village Shop and Post Office and the day to day running is administered by Filkins & Broughton Poggs Parish Council.
The Parish Council have recently conducted a survey of the properties owned or under the control of the Parish Council which includes the Village Centre. This was carried out by Nick Owen from Property Pathfinders. The survey can be found here. This will enable the Parish Council to budget their expenditure over the next two-three years.